Wednesday 16 October 2013

Colours of Autumn

Hello my crafty friends. What an awful morning we've had, bucketing with rain and really gusty winds, the leaves were blowing off the trees. Now, however, there isn't a cloud in the sky....the anomaly that is British weather I guess!!

In keeping with the weather I have another autumnal card to share with you.


 I used  another of my new Stamp Fairy images that I coloured with my Promarkers. I tried lighter hair today for a change and was quite chuffed with myself as I am not the best hair colourer in the world (nor can I speak english apparently!!).
The papers were lurking in an A4 folder that I had long forgotten but work beautifully. Whilst in a rummaging mood I unearthed my embossing powders and inked up a die-namics die cut and stamped the sentiment into the warm powder. I'd forgotten what a great technique that is so be warned...there may be some more coming along!! Rusty ribbon and the complimentary button came from my stash and now I am off to join in these challenges.

Papertake Weekly - Happy Halloween Hues
Just for fun - Buttons and bows
Divas by Design - Autumn
Crafting with Dragonflies #13 - Nature, leaves and/or trees
Party Time Tuesdays #142 - Colour Challenge
Allsorts # 228 - Use your ABCs

That's enough waffling from me, I'm off to rearrange the bedroom furniture into it's winter position...don't I know how to live on the wild side!!?

 I hope whatever you are up to that it's a good day for you and see you soon xx

19 comments:

Sue said...

LOL Sarah I had to chuckle because I told my friend I was feeling a lot better so I was cleaning the inside of my windows and going to put my winter curtains up and she kind of looked at me strangely, I'm glad at least someone understands hahahaha card is gorgeous I love that image so cute huggles Sue xxx

Sammy said...

The hair came out beautifully Sarah... As did the rest of the colouring! Love the paper too. x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Sarah, love the cute image. Sue x

Mojca said...

Oh it's gorgeous Sarah. I love the cute image and lovely colours. hugs! MOjca

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Sarah. I love the cute image, fabulous colouring and beautiful paper. The sentiment looks fab too, you have just reminded me how effective that technique is.
Sue xx

Annette said...

Ohhhh she's lovely Sarah, but you know I love Stampfairy. I love the papers you've used too. Gorgeous card.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Lisa xx said...

oooh this is a sweetie, love the rusty shades!

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Sarah - adorable image and I love how you have done the sentiment.
Debs xx

Hazel said...

Gorgeous colours and image,
Hazel x

~ginny said...

You are right Sarah, the papers are perfect for this image. I especially love the embossed sentiment medallion - cool! Thank you for sharing your project in the “Add Some Embossing” Challenge at Craft Your Passion.
~ginny
Design Team - Craft Your Passion
RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

Susan Hogan said...

Great image and beautiful background papers used here. Thanks for sharing with us at CWD for our latest challenge - trees/nature/leaves!

Sandy said...

She is so cute! Great card. Thank you for participating with us at Party Time Tuesdays. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card. Love the image and perfect bow. Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.

happyglitzygirl said...

What a beautiful card, lovely colours and colouring, thanks for playing along with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

Margreet said...

Beautiful autumn card with fab colouring of the lovely image....thanks for joining us at Divas by Design!
xxx Margreet

katslittlepassion said...

beautiful project!

Thanks for participating in CYP challenge!

Kat
Craft Your Passion DT

~ Barb said...

You are absolutely right, your dp's are perfect. I really like your technique for your sentiment, looks almost as though you've burnished it into copper, very cool for your Fall card. Thank-you for sharing with us at Crafting With Dragonflies,
{Hugs} Barb, DT

Elaine’s Card Crafting said...

Beautiful! Thanks for taking part in our Buttons & Bows challenge at Just For Fun!

Elaine xx

Sharon said...

This is a gorgeous card and love all your autumnal colours.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
Hugs Sharon.