Wednesday 23 October 2013

Nostalgia

Hello my crafty friends, hope this finds you with dry weather. What storms we've had the past few days, the four legged members of the family took a look out of their respective doors and said "No thanks" to yesterday!! Wednesday, however, has brought another lovely day so I shall enjoy it while it lasts.

I've a little boy card to share with you today. 


Many times I have admired the lovely "spine" card creations by the lovely Brenda at Floral Fantasies and have threatened on numerous occasions to have a go...well...this is my first attempt! The inspiration actually came from the papers, I then discovered some grey ribbed card and so the elongated, stripey, idea evolved. The image is from Birdie Brown, coloured, as per usual, with my Promarkers and a complimentary ribbon and bow to finish. P.S. Mog and Suzy say they would LOVE a bonio that size!!

I'm off to play here

Creative Craft challenges 2 #21 - Anything Goes 
4 Crafty Girlz #4 - Anything Goes
4Crafty Chicks #164 - Multiple Layers
Allsorts Challenge #229 - Ribbons and bows

Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for sharing your time.

Toodles for now xx


13 comments:

Sammy said...

Lovely card Sarah! Great design.
We don't have any four legged family members (myself included), but the two-legged ones were plenty reluctant to go out as it was. It's been like that for a good couple of weeks now. That's the worst thing about living in Leeds... It's only dry two weeks out of the year, lol. x

Anonymous said...

Sarah this is super cute, love the colours and style too!
hugs me x


PS we have a DT call at Top Tip Tuesday.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, I love the design and adorable image coloured beautifully.
Sue xx

Debs said...

Adorable card Sarah - cute image and fabulous design.
Debs xx

Mojca said...

Oh waw so very gorgeous! I love the lovely little fellow! Such a cute card. Hugs! Mojca

Annette said...

Lovely card Sarah. I hope you've had some better weather today.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Sue said...

What a beauty of a card Sarah love it, and yes we have had downpours and Ollie just looks and walks back in hahahaha huggles Sue xxx

Marilyn said...

This is new for me Sarah, I've never seen or heard of a spine card before but I quite like it! Cute image and love those papers too.

Lisa xx said...

oooh this is super cute Sarah.....gorgeous design, must have a look into these spine cards. Bit chilly here in Kent this morning but the sun is shining xx

Laine said...

Such a cute creation and fabulous design Sara. We have been so lucky and its been a fabulous day here today. Crisp and sunny.
Laine
x

Karon said...

Wonderful ! Love the sweet image and I hadn't seen a spine made like that before - TFS. Have a great day.

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous design, Sarah, beautifullly coloured.

2 of my dogs hate the rain so I'm having tons of fun at the moment! xx

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah, we've got four cats - one goes out in all weathers, one is a grumpy old so and so and doesn't go out much and then the very young cats aren't allowed out - too silly with the road - so we've pretty much got the whole spectrum!!

Fab card - soooo cute!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday.

Sarah