Friday 24 January 2014

Heart hanger

Hello my lovely crafty friends and I hope you are well.
I have an experiment to share today and not a stamp in sight!! 
I have been having a sort out in the work room and found mountains of ribbons which, I might add, are now colour coordinated and put away in their very own chest of drawers (yup, that's how many I have). Having made this shocking discovery I decided to actually do something with them other than tying a bow and adding to a card so here is what I did...


I did a bit of weaving with an assortment of my red ribbons, the base rows were alternated organza and spotty ribbon and I then wove a different ribbon for each row.
 I mounted an  die cut heart aperture over the top and added a bundle of ribbon and pearl string attached to a button.
The hanging loop is secured between the layers.




This shows a better view of the texture.





Once I had anchored the base rows it took no time at all to do so I will be definitely doing this again.

I am off to play along here

Divas By Design - Anything Goes
The Crafting Cafe - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Bow Dies

Thanks for calling to see me. See you soon xx

21 comments:

Michelle said...

that's really clever Sarah and looks amazing. such a good idea. glad u got your ribbons sorted out. Michelle x

Sue said...

Ooooo how gorgeous is this Sarah!!! It's really pretty, I made a paw cleaner out of a plastic bottle LOL neighbours must think I'm crazy but my floors were soooooo much better hahaha I dip each of his paws in then get his towel hahaha. Lots of huggles and have a great weekend!!! Sue xxx

Unknown said...

Wow this is gorgeous Sarah, what a fab job, the ribbons look amazing great idea xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the weaving.xxx

Laine said...

This is so clever and colourful Sarah. I love it.
Laine
xx

Annette said...

Hey, a girl can never have too many ribbons! Love how you've used your scraps.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! what a fab design!! I love the way you've woven those ribbons… the heart looks awesome… I really like the way you've done the button and ribbons at the top too! :-)
Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week!
Hugs Sue B xx

Debs said...

Totally awesome - I love it!!
Debs xx

Hazel said...

Sarah what a great use of your ribbon, like you I have loads. I do use lots on my gift baskets but I might have to look at different things useing it. Hazel x

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, fantastic use of ribbons. Don't think l will be needing to borrow Surprises saddle as l have just eyed the turkey and it just about fits ...phew ... x Susan x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, your ribbon weaving looks fabulous and I love the bow too.
Sue xx

Karon said...

WOW! Gorgeous use of ribbon and using it to weave - fabulous!

NGCARDS said...

This is such a great card hun! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

Peanut said...

Oh my word!!! This is a fab to recycle old ribbon. Great idea, Sarah. Thanks. All I have to do is do untangle my pile...which is not neatly put away in a drawer. Love that pic of Suzy. She looks exactly like our André...could they be related?!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Jane Savage said...

What a showstopper, Sarah! Amazing design.
A chest of drawers filled with ribbon! Sounds like heaven to me. xx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Sarah :-) I love how you used the ribbons !! this is absolutely fantastic ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

carol said...

oh sarah you have been so creative....thanks for showing an interest in our DT call at CRAFTY RIBBONS ....good luck x carol

Rene said...

This is so pretty!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations!!! Good luck,
Rene :D

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Wow this is so pretty must have taken you hours. Love Alison xxx

La Vikinga said...

Great weawing (sorry that word is hard to spell)! I love your card!

La Vikinga / Crafty Ribbons

Unknown said...

Wonderful Card! Fantastic Detail! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting Café. Amy A.,DT