Thursday 5 October 2017

Flowers or Ribbon

Hello bloggers. Hope everyone is happy and well. Nearly the weekend again so I am very happy!! I am sorry that I still haven't been a regular visitor. I am fed up with bleating about work but it's been relentless...I am hoping to finish with holiday and sickness cover some time in December!! I am missing so much time with my loved ones,  two and four legged and you guys too!!

Anyway today's offering is for the new challenge at 


where we are eager to see your projects with ribbon or flowers...and don't forget to tell us why.

Normally I don't use either on my projects as I am a paper pad fanatic and like to let the papers do the talking!! However I have a chest of drawers full of ribbons  so had a rummage to find something to trim this snow globe. The stripe ribbon was in a bundle that I won from Crafty Ribbons and the bobble trim was lurking in the "red drawer" and seemed perfect!! 


The background was quite technical for me!!  I admired a background that Inky Fingers Carol demonstrated here and decided to have a go ( having first purchased some drawing gum!!). Mind you my snowflakes look rather large so I must perfect my technique further I think!! There is also a lovely shimmer, as I unearthed my Twinkling H2o's as well so that was fun!! The penguin is a die cut chappy from Crafters Companion as was the snow globe actually. 

Anyway I have rambled quite enough!! Hope you will join in!!

See you soon xx

Some challenges

ABC Christmas - Use for unlimited
The Merry Christmas Challenge #37 - Anything Christmas
Crafty Creations #351 - Anything Goes 

26 comments:

Brenda said...

I love this Sarah and your snowflakes are perfect. They help carry the wonderful, whimsical look of this darling card. The ribbon is just the right added touch! Enjoy your weekend!

Jane Savage said...

Brilliant! Fab die cuts and I will have to try that snowy sky technique...looks great! xxx

Michelle said...

This is super cute Sarah - the ribbon is a lovely touch. I do hope everything calms down in work for you soon - Michelle x

Laine said...

Cute and full of fun Sarah!
Laine
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
what a very brilliant creation.
Your inking is super and your design and scene is very lovely.
Such a cutie penguin too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Elaine Stark said...

So adorable. Elaine

Unknown said...

Aww how cute is this!! Beautiful Christmassy creation!
Lucy xx

cotnob said...

A super snow globe Sarah, such a fun penguin and great design.
I hope things slow down for you at work soon.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol S. said...

A great fun snow globe. The penguin is so cute and a clever design. Hope things calm down a bit for you. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Carole Pollard said...

Love this sweet penguin and your great snow globe design love it Love and hugs Carole x

Lynne said...

A super cute penguin and your background looks great x

Lena said...

This is such a cute snowglobe ornament and your ribbon is just the perfect finishing touch. I love your background. I need to go take a look. Hope you slow down and have more times for what's important ... like crafting :-)
Hugs,
Lena

Veerle said...

Love this snowglobe creation Sarah. Looks great.
Hugs Veerle x

Unknown said...

This is so cute :) I adore snowglobes and have some special ones I have had for years that come out every christmas. The ribbon is gorgeous too
Hugs Kaz xx

Pat said...

Great card Sarah, love the cute image and snow globe and that striped ribbon really finishes the whole card off.

Pat xx

MaryH said...

Sarah, so lovely to hear from you. We get DM the day after you see in the UK (I have Acorn). Have been watching to see the places in Pt. Isaac that we may have seen, and any rehearsals or filming bits that we caught. I love your Chilly Willy penguin, in his cozy little snuggle hat and scarf. Made such a cute snow globe, and the candy stripe ribbon is just THE perfect hanger! Expect MC is back on his farm by now, and you & Surprise might bump into him on your rides. TFS & Hugs. Happy wkend.

Chrissy said...

I love your cute penguin in a snow globe card Sarah..pretty trims and all festive and snowy..love it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Annette said...

Your ickle pingu is really sweet and you can't go wrong with a bit of ribbon hun! :0) xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Cute penguin Sarah, lovely ribbon too..
getting back onto my feet after the influenza strain and commenting..
[aNNie]

Julie B said...

Aww, such a cute penguin Sarah. Talking of IFCarol, I shall hopefully be seeing her this morning at the stamp fair at Port Sunlight! I've put my cash in a deep pocket so hopefully I won't be tempted too much. ;)

Janis Lewis said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing at The Merry Christmas Challenge.
Janis, Owner/DT

debby4000 said...

Adorable and fabulous snow globe.
luv
Debby

Amber said...

Sweet little design this week for the Merry Christmas challenge, Sarah! Thanks for playing along with us!
Amber, DT

Lynne in NI said...

Cool snow globe Sarah, love your snowy effect :)

Inkyfingers said...

This is sooo cute Sarah and thanks for the shout out on my card! Your bow and loop looks so professional and this lovely tag will make any gift special. I have this penguin too and you have inspired me to pull him out.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge, and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Dorte said...

Love the shape you have used for your cute Christmas card with the little penguin. Thank you for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge! We hope to see you again!
Dorte x